Choi! Don’t say that


There is a universal rule that you must never draw attention to something good ‘lest you attract bad luck (or the gods or whatever). I call it the Choi rule.

Here’s how it works:
•Someone says your son is clever. Tomorrow he fails his class test.
•You get a new car and your friends coo over it. It gets scrapped in the car park that night.
•You boast you have a stomach of steel. You get the cirit birit.

You get the picture.

Last month, in a fit of enthusiasm any direct selling agent would be proud of, I start telling my mommy friends my son has not been sick for a while since taking an olive leaf extract supplement (sharing is caring mah). He promptly fell sick for the next two weeks.

Still I persist in my crowing. I’m not very smart that way. I casually mentioned to my husband that for the first time since our son was born I actually met my deadlines! Finally, I didn’t have to creep into the Ed’s room to ask for another extension! Three new assignments landed on my desk the next day.

Don't mess with the choi rule I tell you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya ya..shouldn't say it infront of the kids(that's what i was told)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bluinc 2009