Things I never thought I would say


More accurately, things my Mom used to say that I never thought I would say:
1.“Because I said so”: This used to drive my sisters and I nuts! Whenever Mom was losing an argument with us, she would shut us out by laying this line. End of discussion.
2. “I’m doing this for your own good”: I always wondered why the things that were for my good often didn’t feel very good. Like tuition classes and piano lessons.
3. “Someday you will thank me”: Really? Someday I will thank you for making me spend two miserable weeks in this camp with horrible kids? B (my sister) will be grateful that you grounded her from her own prom?
4. “I know better”: Even when she didn’t, she did...if you know what I mean.
5. “Too bad”: Nobody could accuse my Mother of trying too hard to please us. She’s unapologetic in her parenting. Don’t like it? Tough. Deal with it.

1 comments:

Noorhayati said...

Ha ha! I find myself saying these things quite often these days, and each time it happened, I would go, "Eh, I sound like my mother lah!"

"This is for your own good.." is a classic! I never knew what my mum meant when she said that to me many years ago, and I'm sure my kids feel the same way too when I said that. But now I know...:)

Seriously kids, MOM DOES know better..

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bluinc 2009