Older...and loving it!



Lately, I’m noticing my conversations with friends are filled with lamentations about getting old. “I used to be able to stay up all night. But now I’m a wreck the next day if I don’t hit the sack by 12am. Getting old lah.” “Went for a jog at the TTDI hill yesterday. I’m getting old! I thought I was going to have a heart attack right there on the hill.”

At 30 plus (and some plus-plus!), we’re no spring chickens. Taut tummies have given way to blubbery mid-drifts. Child birth and/or long hours at the desk with fast food do not help. Cellulite has mysteriously appeared overnight and refused to budge. More wrinkle busting and skin firming potions are taking up residence on the bathroom shelves. And don’t get me started about ‘wings’! (You know, the flabby bits at the back of your arm.)

But 30-something is hardly over the hill (unless you’re 15). In fact, some would say life is just starting. Something about hitting the 3-0 makes you more confident and at peace with life and the world. Things settle down. You learn to let go – or just ignore. Emotionally and spiritually, this side of 30 trumps the other.

Honestly, I’m going to ever be crazy about ageing but I’m learning to view it through zen-tinted glasses. Besides, if Desperate Housewives, Sex and the City and my handful of fabulously 40 friends are to be believed, women are indeed like wine – the older, the better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bluinc 2009